We went out to Houston for New Year's to see Steve and Becca's new house and baby... while we were there, we got to go to a State Wildlife Park that is the home to ALLIGATORS. Yes, we actually chose to walk along paths with alligators. This was not a zoo... I can't believe there were hiking and biking trails through this place. Those Texans really give us Americans too much credit. We all think we can be as brave as the Crocodile Hunter, but when it came down to it, I think I'll enjoy seeing alligators from afar next time.

The warning on the hiking trail map said to stay at least 30 feet away from the alligators... This path was 6-10 feet wide. The alligator was sitting right on the edge of the path, with swamp on both sides... It was quite unnerving to have to walk right past this alligator - especially when it lifted up its head to stare at us.

Parker loves alligators. He was sure excited to see one, but once he did, he said that kind of scary and he only wanted to see pretend alligators from now on. (Parker is sitting on Becca's brother's shoulders... Nate.)

We all agreed that Shrek knows how to pick a good spot to call home. The swamp was eerie, but quite beautiful as well. I'm glad we were there in full sunlight!

Classic family picture... everyone's expressions are priceless... Mike - let's get done with this, Ryan - get me free, Parker - CHEESE, Marnee - I just want a nice family picture, and Kate - I'm cute and content, and just along for the ride.

Walking towards the light... or was that the alligator's mouth?
No comments:
Post a Comment